Since I last blogged…..
- We got another puppy. Dylan’s sister from another litter. Her name is Taylor and she’s adorable!
- My husband and I celebrated 7 years of marriage. Happy Anniversary my love!
- I did get a raise, and official status as Office Manager. Hurray! Finally my resume is looking up. I enjoy my job and the people there, but it’s nice to know that if things should change and I needed to leave, I can show enough experience to possibly get a better job than I could have last year.
- My kids turned 16, 18, and the oldest will be 20 next month. Life moves on and so fast. It’s interesting to note that I’ve known them for more than half their lives now. Eleven years!
- I turned another year older and feel okay about it. The forties are a definite improvement over the thirties. Also, my husband turned 40. Happy Birthday!
- I bought a new laptop. It arrives in two days. I almost could not be more excited about it! A custom gaming platform for my World of Warcraft “addiction”! As it’s essentially my only entertainment outlet and expense, this is a big deal to me. Thanks Honey! Happy Birthday to me!
- I bought a new car. Well, new to me… actually 10 years old, but it looks great and runs great and only has 86,000 miles on it. I’ll see if I can get it together enough to post a picture. I just got it last night. A Toyota Camry LE. I know most people don’t aspire to owning a Camry, but I’ve wanted one for a long time. I was supposed to get one when I bought my Toyota Corolla NINETEEN years ago, but the payments were just a little too high and I went down one car level to the Corolla. You’d never know to look at it now, but it was the “Deluxe” version of an economy-sized car, and it made me very happy at the time and got me over the disappointment of not getting the Camry. But now, that car is 19 years old and feeling it. It’s actually in great shape for a car that old, but things are starting to go south. For instance the windows. All the windows except the driver’s window have difficulty rolling up again if you roll them down. There are no power locks or power windows, and so you must hand crank the windows and now they also require guidance and tugging manually into place. It’s also from the days before air bags became standard equipment, so no air bags. Anyway, it’s very exciting for me to have a new ride!
April 18th, 2009 at 1:22 pm
Happy Birthday!!!Happy Anniversary!!!Congratulations on computer, car, promotion, and sweet things in life!!! Enjoy the ride!!!