Goals for Today:
- Learn not to take it personally when people say crappy things about Christians and/or Christianity. They aren’t talking about me personally, and I used to say the same things. Still, it’s hard. I find myself wanting to jump up and down and say “But there are lots of Christians that aren’t like that!!! You just don’t ever NOTICE those ones.”
- Get Mother’s Day cards for Mom and Step-Mom. Sign them. MAIL THEM. (key importance)
- Contact Pastoral Reference for Seminary and find out reason for non-responsiveness to email. Guessing email is not working or there is a problem between the Keyboard and the Chair (i.e. user not actually CHECKING email).
- Cheer Up. I am somewhat unreasonably down in the dumps. Don’t THINK it’s hormonal. Situational / circumstantial data looks fairly normal.
- Get prepared for little recognition on Mother’s Day. Expect the worst, hope for the best as they say. Step-moms tend to get the short end of the stick on this one. My oldest tells me she’s got me covered though, and my husband already has a card on my desk with a “Do not open until Sunday” note on it, so I know I’ll be getting some love. 😀
- Consider the following: “…for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.” This is so far beyond me.
- Remember to ask people who seem irritated with me “what should i have done differently in your view? what would you have preferred to see me do?” Just getting mad back doesn’t work (or make sense), and saying “what’s wrong” usually get’s a “nothing. nothing’s wrong” response which doesn’t help either. How can I know what behaviors are upsetting and decide what I’m willing to change if “nothing’s wrong”?
- WAKE UP! It’s not even 9 a.m. and I’m having trouble keeping my eyes open while I type. This doesn’t bode well for the day.
May 10th, 2007 at 12:34 pm
i actually called my mom last sunday to wish her a happy mother’s day.ryc: yeah, i found i had tagged a video with “sexy” and it got a lot of hits. so i thought i’d start tagging my posts with it. 🙂
May 10th, 2007 at 1:00 pm
i hope mother’s day goes better than you think it will. you’re outstanding.
May 10th, 2007 at 2:09 pm
I hear you on the waking up bit. It’s 1:08pm, and I’m wanting a nap like none other!